Dear valued stakeholder
The year has taken an unexpected turn and we are all facing an unprecedented situation. The coronavirus pandemic has an effect on everyone and everything, including the way we do business.
My thoughts are with every one of you who is impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly.
At Knauf, our factories are in full operation and we have not yet experienced disruption to our supply chain. We are well stocked with all products, and we have a steady supply of raw materials.
However, it is clear that things can change drastically in one day and to stay afloat during these times everyone needs to be able to adjust to new conditions as they arise. At Knauf we are watching the situation very closely and have taken a number of steps to enhance protection on our sites.
As always, the safety of our customers and employees remain our main concern. We have therefore implemented strategies in terms of actions being taken by the Australian Government and a Group-wide policy, including the following:
- Everyone is advised to keep a distance of 1.5 metres between themselves and others
- Physical contact, e.g. the shaking of hands, is discouraged
- Videoconferencing and Skype is advised instead of face to face meetings
- Most domestic and international travel has been postponed or cancelled
- Those who are able to work from home are encouraged to do so
- All on site are advised to regularly wash their hands with soap and water
- These measures are being communicated to visitors to our sites (including truck drivers).
The Knauf Support Team is still available to support you online with any technical and sales enquiries, engineering services, specification advice and customer service. If you prefer a face to face meeting, please let us know.
We realise that such measures of social distancing are very different to the way we prefer to live our lives, but by implementing these strategies we hope to do our bit to help stem the spread of the virus.
We will keep you updated if anything changes, but if you have any questions or feedback, you are welcome to call 1 300 725 675 or contact us online.
Please remain safe during this time. Together we’ll get through this.
Managing Director: Knauf Australia